Financial Planning is a comprehensive, continuous process. A good financial plan allows you to balance your day-to-day finances while working toward your short and long-term objectives through purposeful management of your finances. Your Financial Advisor will look at where you are today in relation to where you want to end up and help define the steps and actions necessary to reach your future goals.
Depending on your financial situation, priorities, and goals, your Financial Plan will take into account various aspects of financial life. Whether it’s understanding your cash flow or debt, saving for children’s education, protecting your retirement income or any step in between, financial planning lets you feel good about the decisions you make concerning your money.
- Active vs Working Cashflow
- Cash flow automation – Simplify!
- Debt unification strategies
- Debt repayment concepts
- Mortgage refinancing
- Enhance income opportunities
- Major purchase decisions
- Determine short & long-term goals
- Establish emergency fund
- Identify tolerance for investment risk
- Diversify by tax structure
- RRSP or TFSA?
- Diversify by investment choice
- Understand investment fees
- Define priorities and objectives
- Multiple financial projections
- Tax efficient account structuring
- Optimize future retirement income
- Personal pension plans
- Life-time income strategies
- Ongoing Financial Planning
- Advantage of self-directed RESP accounts
- Maximize government grants
- Set up monthly contributions
- Family Plan utilization
- Lifelong Learning plan
- Flexible investment options
- Determine client risk management objectives
- Prioritize risk management needs
- Assess current protection
- Key Person insurance
- Funding for Buy/Sell agreements
- Business Financial Planning
- Explore available tax saving strategies
- Utilize optimal investment options
- Review legal agreements and documents
- Understand charitable giving
- Referral to specialized professionals as needed
- Business Succession planning
- Inter-generational wealth transfer planning
Need a second opinion?
Get a Free Financial Review
There are a lot of different options when it comes to investing and we understand that what’s right for one person may not be right for another. Investing isn’t a one size fits all solution.
From high-interest savings accounts and GIC’s to mutual funds, segregated funds and ETFs, it seems like everyone has their own idea of which way is best. Add in a debate as to whether passive, active or tactical investing is superior and it’s no wonder people’s heads spin sometimes. Through careful planning and discussion, we will help you choose what matches your objectives, risk tolerance, and money mindset.
Insurance can be a difficult subject to talk about. This is when we are forced to consider the “What If’s”.
What if I get hurt or sick and can’t work?
What if something happens and I die prematurely, who will provide for my loved ones?
Sometimes it is easier avoid the subject but your Financial Advisor is here to help you answer these questions head-on and take some of the uncertainty away. By assessing your current financial situation and responsibilities we will work together to identify what your needs are and the most efficient way to go about protecting yourself and your loved ones. Disability Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, and Life Insurances are the three most common solutions, while other options may include Long-term Care Insurance, Travel Insurance, and Health & Dental coverage, either through traditional plans or through a Health Spending Account (HSA). With access to over 20 insurance companies, we can ensure that you have the best possible coverage at the best possible price.
When we ask our clients the question “If we could take away your most significant financial headache, what would it be?” most of the time the response is “Our mortgage!”
This shouldn’t be surprising because even though a mortgage is likely to be the lowest interest rate debt you carry, it’s the debt that ends up costing the most over time. Often it seems like lenders only want you to focus on the interest rate, but it is the total cost of the cumulative interest and amount of time it takes to pay it off that matters.
There are two main types of mortgages: the All-in-One Mortgage & the Traditional Mortgage. Through referral relationships with excellent mortgage brokers we know and trust, we’ll help educate you on the difference and then work together to find the mortgage solution that’s right for you.
Constructed properly, your mortgage might be the most effective debt reduction tool available to you in your financial toolbox.
Yep, we can help with your banking needs too.
We can help you find a higher interest rate on your savings accounts or open a no-fee* banking account with some pretty cool features, including a way to simplify and keep track of your automatic withdrawals.